With more countries reopening borders to travelers, you might already be planning to go for your next vacation – thinking of beautiful sights to see and all the shopping you can do. To make your next trip even more rewarding, utu and Vietnam Airlines have come together to give back more on travelers’ tax refunds when travelers choose to receive their refund in the airline’s loyalty program, Lotusmiles.
With utu Tax Free Card, Lotusmiles members can now convert every USD 100 tax refund to earn USD 125 worth of Lotusmiles instead. That’s 5,000 Lotusmiles for every USD 100 of tax refunded. If this is your first time hearing about utu Tax Free Card, let us tell you more about it!
Reach further into the world of rewards for tax-free shopping!
Tax-free shopping is available in 50 countries across the globe, including France, Italy, Germany, Singapore, South Korea, and the UAE. When you choose to receive your tax refund on utu Tax Free Card, avail yourself of a higher refund amount when you choose to be refunded in Frequent Flyer Miles. To learn more about tax-free shopping, read about it here.
Start accumulating Lotusmiles
After activating your utu Tax Free Card, shop and pay with a credit card as per usual then designate utu Tax Free Card as your refund destination. Here’s a quick guide on how the process works:
- Link your Lotusmiles membership to your utu Tax Free account and select ‘Lotusmiles’ as your preferred refund method
- When filling up a Tax Free form, enter your 16-digit utu Tax Free card number in the credit card field of any Tax Free from to make sure your tax refund gets sent to it
- If the store or Tax Refund Operator is helping to fill in your Tax Free form, inform them that you would like your refund to be received on the number shown on your utu Tax Free card
- When using a kiosk for a digital tax refund, simply follow the kiosk instructions and select credit card as your refund method. make sure to enter your 16 digit utu card number instead of your actual credit card number
- Follow customs formalities as instructed by the Tax Refund Operator as usual
- Once the refund is processed, utu will inform you of the number of Lotusmiles that will be credited to you
- Lotusmiles will be credited within 10 working days after the tax refund has been processed
Link your Lotusmiles membership account to the utu Tax Free App now and make utu Tax Free Card the destination to receive your refund after making a purchase.
utu aims to provide travelers with more access to benefits like this and will continue to look for fresh ways to enhance your travel experience.
Not a Lotusmiles member? Join here to start pampering yourself with rewards!